Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Blah

That word just about sums up my utter annoyance right now. They say that when life gives you lemons you should make lemonade, but what if you don't know how to make lemonade, or everything you try it turns out all crappy and gross. No one ever talks about that! They just say that stupid phrase with their foolish grins.

So the main reasons why I am annoyed is 1) I still haven't found a job, even though I have applied to several different positions. I mean I have been pretty open-minded about the jobs I could do but still no luck, and no job. I have a little over 3 months to go till I leave for Seoul, and I would really like to find something temporary to fill up my time.

2) My three cousins who should be the definition of troublemakers. I used to think I wanted a big family when I eventually get married but having them around for the past two years has completely changed my outlook on parenthood. I shudder now when I think about kids, and all the drama that comes with them. Seriously, they don't know how to behave, get along, and not constantly get themselves into trouble.

Today they don't have school, so I am stuck with them all day. FYI I am unfortunately Ms. Babysitter and it sucks like no other. I like quiet and peace in my home but noooooo everything is all about them. It is like they have taken over my house. I mean I even have to sleep on the coach on account of them staying in my room. I am praying to God that all this drama ends, that would be the best Christmas gift ever right now, besides finding a job.

With the unemployment rate at an all time high, and people saying on average people will be unemployed for at least 7 months my prospects don't look good. Sure, I could survive for the next 3 months, but it would be a struggle, and I would like to have some money to pay off my credit card, and save up for Seoul. I have been praying that God finds me something soon, that is exactly what I needed for the next 3 months. I just want something part time that pays $10 an hour, and is fun.

My ideal place was a bookstore but I have applied to several of them and have gotten no replies back from any of them. My life is just blah, blah,....blah right now and some days it really gets to me. I'm sitting here, with nothing to do and nowhere to go and that really sucks. I don't have the motivation to study my Korean books, or learn more about Korea right now. It is like someone turned off my light switch and now I am left in darkness.

Everything I want to do costs money, and I am trying to choose my expenses wisely so I have enough to last me the next 3 months without dipping too much into my Korea funds.

Keep me in your prayers,
~Lola O.~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment